Merry Summer Solstice!

Merry Summer Solstice!
El Sol

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It is deep autumn: My neigbour-
How does he live, I wonder?

Basho

Simply trust;
Do not the petals flutter down,
Just like this?

Issa

pausing
halfway up the stair--
white chrysanthemums

Elizabeth Searle Lamb

first light
everything in this room
was already here

Christopher Herold

High mountain night wind
Keeps me awake watching as
It tends our camp fire.

Don Salper

The taste
of rain
--Why kneel?

Jack Kerouac

moonlight--
through thin clothes
to naked skin

Hisajo Sugita

drawing light
from another world--
the Milky Way

Yatsuka Ishihara

a white lotus
the monk decides
to cut it!

Buson

old posts and old wire
holding wild grape vines holding
old posts and old wire

Robert Spiess

I brush
my mother's hair
the sparks

Peggy Willis Lyles

in the dark
where you undress
a blooming iris

Nobuko Katsura

the inner tide--
what moon does it follow?
I wait for a poem

Diane Di Prima




No comments :

Post a Comment